Friday, July 1, 2011

Rallies and Road Trips; Take #1

Summer is finally here, and for the second year in a row I go to go on the family vacation!






The First order of business was to stop by Angela's and get my summer groom -- a little bit shorter for vacation and so much easier to keep neat on the road. Thanks Angela!

Our first stop was to Elkmont Campground in the Great Smokey Mts. and the KOA in Townsend, TN to meet up with lots of other TABs and RPODs to view the syncronized fireflies display that happens every June. I wish I had gotten some pictures of the fireflies -- but they are pretty hard to focus on in the pitch black dark!

But, I did get my picture taken at the KOA with Ken -- a former TAB owner and current full-time work camper at the Townsend KOA! That is my dream some day -- to go and work camp just like Ken & Bonnie!

And my favorite relative, Aunt Tink (mom's sister, Johanna) was camped a the KOA! She LOVES me and one of her favorite things is to go on TAB and RPOD camping rallies where often gets to meet up with ME!
An added benefit is that mom (a TABber) and Aunt Tink (an RPODder) get to spend some time together, too!

It rained a bit and I was glad I came prepared with my yellow slicker. It did nothing to protect my ears and my head, and nothing to protect my feet. I have a feeling that this was just another one of my mom's "dress up" tricks.

 Dad and I got caught eating cream puffs inside the TAB trailer.
 There is not a hint of guilt on my face.
 Looking out the window of the TAB.
Posing with Aunt Tink's flalmingo flock. . .  and with
a little guy called Busta!

No comments:

Post a Comment